The IQ Network Hesse promotes the integration of migrants into the job market in Hesse. Our services include:
- Recognition counselling
- Qualification opportunities
- Services for stakeholders on the job market to develop intercultural skills
Do you have an occupational qualification, university degree or school-leaving qualification from another country? Would you like to know whether and how your qualification can be recognised in Germany? Depending on your occupation, a professional recognition may be necessary (for example, for teachers and doctors). It can also improve your opportunities on the job market in Germany.
During the IQ recognition counselling we will clarify whether a recognition procedure process would be useful in your case. You will learn which recognising authority is responsible for your profession, which documents you will need and how much the recognising process costs.
Our counsellors usually work in German. However, counselling might be available in other languages depending on the language skills of your counsellor. When setting a time and date for the consultation, ask which languages are available. You may also bring along someone to translate. The consultation is free of charge.
Information on getting foreign qualifications recognized in Hesse
Our information sheet gives you more detailed information on the recognition procedure: Information on getting foreign qualifications recognized in Hesse (PDF 2,3 MB)
- What are the legal requirements for the recognition of a foreign occupational qualification?
- Do you need to obtain recognition of your qualification in order to be able to work in your profession in Germany?
- How much does a professional recognition process cost and how long will it take?
- Which German job profile does the foreign qualification correspond with?
- Where can you have your qualification recognised?
- (How) can you have your credentials recognised?
- Which documents (certificates, application forms, etc.) do you need and which documents have to be translated?
- If available: Official assessment notice issued by the competent authority.
- If available: Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
- Certificates with an overview of the subjects.
- Proof of other qualifications (e.g. job references).
- Certificates of German language proficiency.
- Proof of current social benefits (e.g. ALG II, an unemployment benefit).
- If available: Curriculum vitae / resume
- If available: Correspondence with responsible authorities and public offices.
You can receive initial counselling via telephone using the IQ recognition hotline.
0800 1301040 (free of charge for calls from within Germany)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday:
9.00 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
2.00 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
beramí berufliche Integration e.V.
We help you with specific qualification offers to improve your chances of working in your profession. We offer qualification projects for various professions. A successfully completed IQ qualification helps you to achieve full recognition, for example in the field of nursing. Furthermore, we provide bridging measures for people who studied abroad. They can help academics in non-regulated professions improve their opportunities on the job market.
Our IQ qualification offers as well as the course exams are free of charge. In some cases, living costs may be covered during your qualification process.
You arrived in Germany as a refugee and are having problems with your employer in particular or your workplace in general? For example, you haven’t received your wage or you feel unfairly treated?
The people involved in the IQ project “Fair Integration” are here to advise you on your employee rights in Germany and to help you assert these rights. We will also provide information on the German job market and show you how you can potentially gain further qualifications.
For more information, download our "Fair integration of Refugees" flyer (PDF 681 KB)
Mr Amer Saikali
Wilhelm-Leuschner- Str. 69/77, Building 2, 3rd floor, Offices 311, 312
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (0)151 14387968
RC = Recognition Counselling, Q = Qualification Offers